Sunday, August 20, 2006

1.

Break the Fear
The membrane of my heart is but bound tight in iron
Layer upon Layer of cold, hard iron
Encompassing, Circling, never drawing breath
Choking me, Squeezing me, never letting go


The warmth of my heart is but bound tight in iron
Layer upon Layer of cold, hard iron
Cooling, Extinguishing the fire in my heart
It Traps me, Controls me, never lets me love


The emotions that I feel are but held tight in iron
Bars upon Bars of cold, hard iron
Keeping me, Holding me, never lets me live
Never lets me live, and never lets me die


Like iron are my fears, my fears are like iron
Holding me, Scolding me, “never think like that!
They’ll kill you right away if they know that you’re a Fag!”
Let me live, Let me love, why are you still here?


***********************************************

Your iron fears are cold and hard
But even you can break with ease
That iron shell that holds you in
The doctors help you do not need- nor even that of a scientist


All you need is self-belief
Not a counsellor, not a priest
You are You
And That is That


Those that don’t believe in you
-Push them from your mind
Those that cannot love you
-Leave them all behind


Come to us, we’re here for you
Love and trust to you we’ll give
Your friend,
The Gay community

No comments: