Sunday, August 20, 2006

36.

Neverland


I’ll never reach my Neverland
I’m trapped for e’er in hell
This earthly hell of cold, dry tears
Of a lifeless existence
Of loving hatred

I’ve never said the things I dream
I’ve never laid bare my soul
My naked soul will perish with ease
In a freezing hell
Of murdering truthfulness

My dreams ARE my Neverland
I fly there every night
“Second star to the right”, they say
“Then straight on ‘till mourning”
-All happiness dies in my day

I want to go to Neverland
And never go away
I want to live out all my dreams
In my life, every day

But Neverland’s a dream-world place
And I know that in my heart
I can visit for a few short hours
And then it’s time to cry

I’ll meet my Neverland in the end
My last breath will speed me on
To Neverland, then and forever,
The beginning. The end.

No comments: