Sunday, August 20, 2006

31.

Effect

There’s this guy at school, like
I can’t recall his name
He looks a bit too bright, like
But I like him all the same

I’ve never heard him laugh, like
It’s really rather strange
But I’ve never seen him cry, like
Just somewhere in between

I’ve never heard him speak, like
I don’t know what he thinks
He’s never said a word, like
I think he needs a shrink

No-one really likes him, like
He’s never had a friend
I don’t say that I hate him, like
He’s…just not my friend

Until that day
A small bomb dropped
Until that day
I said “I’m gay”

He took on the whole school, like
All in one fell swoop
Taunting him, and teasing, like
“Faggot! Queer little fuck”

Now I like him more, like
He’s really rather brave
He’s showed that he’s the strongest, like
Strong because he’s gay?


Until it all became too much
The teasing, lies, irrational hate
In my final, written goodbye
I’ll blame you, who were never there

Through my wrist
My knife I’ll run
To my end
Swift I’ll flee

When I’m gone
Then you’ll be the one
Who’s left alone
Who neither cries nor laughs…
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There was this guy at school, like
I can’t recall his name
He couldn’t take the pressure, like
Now I feel just the same

I should’a been his friend, like
I should’a helped him out
Now he’s dead and gone, like
Lonely, ‘till the end

I cannot take the guilt, like
I cannot take the pain
Of knowing I did wrong, like
My doing not a thing

Soon I’ll be dead and gone, like
I know it won’t be long
I’m running out of blood, like
I’m nearly, nearly gone

So for my final written goodbye
I’ve one single request
That ...................................

No comments: